Stay up to date on industry-related news with Hard Hat Hunter. Here are 5 stories to check out today.
1. 5,500 U.S. Schools Use Solar Power, and That’s Growing as Costs Fall, Study Shows
As solar power gets cheaper, more and more schools are adopting the technology. They are also integrating it in the STEM curriculum.
2. Brazil mining code remains unchanged as Senate fails to vote on bill
The changes were aimed at making the Brazilian mining sector more competitive. It did, however, pass a bill to create an autonomous regulatory agency which should speed up licensing.
3. Luxembourg, Japan team up to explore and mine space resources
The deal means the two countries will share information and technology. Luxembourg is only one of two countries to have passed laws regarding mining in space.
4. Brexit: UK construction industry facing ‘cliff edge’ due to EU departure
As Brexit approaches, the UK construction industry is already seeing EU construction workers leave. The industry is asking the Government to clarify the post-Brexit immigration status of EU workers to eliminate the uncertainty.
5. This robot miner explores areas too dangerous for humans
“Mounted on a platform with four wheels, the robot has a humanoid torso, head and arms that allow it to support payloads of 5 to 10 kilograms. Sensors allow stereo vision, force feedback, scene rendering and localization.”
Comments are closed.