Stay up to date on industry-related news with Hard Hat Hunter. Here are 5 stories to check out today.
1. Church of England sets new bar for mining industry in wake of Samarco disaster
The Church of England is calling for the review of tailing dams. The Church was an investor in the Samarco Mine, where the mine collapsed and the dam holding back wastewater flooded a river valley and resulted in 19 deaths.
2. Developers Complete 1,021 Megawatt Miraah Solar Plant For Oman Oilfield
The solar plant will deliver 6,000 tonnes of steam per day, reducing the amount of natural gas needed, and reducing CO2 emissions by 300,000 tonnes per year.
3. Indian steel shortfall causes clash over Railways demand for rail imports
Indian Railways is seeking an exemption to the “Make in India” rule. The Ministry of Railways is looking to overhaul it’s ageing system, the 4th largest in the world, but the Steel Authority of India cannot produce enough steel.
4. Grayling promises driverless cars by 2021
UK Transport Secretary spoke to the Association of British Insurers and explained that the british government is taking steps to make driverless cars happen and consulting with industry partners for their views..
5. Oil surges 3 percent, at highest since mid-2015 on Saudi purge
Comments are closed.