Stay up to date on industry-related news with Hard Hat Hunter. Here are 5 stories to check out today.
1. 100% Global Renewable Electricity No Longer Flight Of Fancy, More Cost-Effective Than Current System
Once a fantasy, the concept of 100% global renewable energy is a current-day reality. The Lappeenranta University of Technology has published its research which states that with the right political conditions, a zero carbon electricity system is within our reach.
2. ‘We’re engaged’: Alaska gets China backing for natural gas project
The Chinese company Sinopec will be developing a $43 billion natural gas project in Alaska. The project is expected to generate 8 to 10 billion dollars annually.
3. Rail transport workers sought
Thailand’s Department of Skill Development has drafted a plan to develop more engineers and technicians for the upcoming rapid expansion of the rail system
4. Using 64 watts instead of 10,000 for a solar power cellular base station to connect the last billion people
The company Vanu has created CompactRAN which allows poorer regions to get cellular service even if there is no power grid. It runs completely on solar power.
5. Oilsands workers hoping to build careers in renewables
Many Alberta oilsands workers are looking to the renewable energy sector for more stable employment.
Comments are closed.