Stay up to date on industry-related news with Hard Hat Hunter. Here are 5 stories to check out today.
1. ExxonMobil Evacuates Non-Essential Staff in Papua New Guinea Highlands Due to Unrest
The move comes a week after an ExxonMobil employee was kidnapped. Violence has been escalating since the contested elections earlier this year.
2. “We desperately need to make mining an attractive career … for young people”
The Australian mining industry “is facing a number of issues that need to be urgently addressed to sustain the industry as globally competitive.”
3. Philippines Keeps Ban on Open Pit Mining in Face of Pressure From Mining Industry
Despite a government panel’s recommendation to lift the open pit mining ban, President Duterte has announced that he will take no such action.
4. Water sources under threat from mining in Ecuador’s mountains
Tensions are rising as gold and copper mines are planned for Azuay páramos a”restricted, alpine ecosystems that exists above the tree line but below the permanent snow line.”
5. Tesla completes construction of the world’s largest lithium ion battery
Tesla has fulfilled its commitment to install a 129 megawatt hour battery within 100 days. It has been installed at a wind farm in Australian.
Comments are closed.