Stay up to date on industry-related news with Hard Hat Hunter. Here are 5 stories to check out today.
1. Costa Rica Just Ran 300 Days On 100 Percent Renewable Electricity
Costa Rica just beat their previous record of 299 without fossil fuel and they are still going! They are using a combination of “hydro, wind, geothermal, biomass, and solar energy.”
2. Can The Gas Glut Kill The Permian Boom?
Natural gas is a by-product of drilling for oil, and for drillers in West Texas, it’s becoming a problem. They are trying to extract the most oil, but have run out of room to store the natural gas.
3. China Built a 250-Acre Solar Farm Shaped like a Giant Panda
The first of two solar panel panda’s has been completed. The Panda Power Plant was designed to raise awareness about clean energy.
4. Vancouver mining company loses bid to have human rights case moved to Eritrea
“The allegations against the company, which have not been proven in court, include that the company must have been aware of credible reports of abuses by the government, and that it allegedly facilitated forced labour by entering into a commercial relationship with the Eritrean regime.”
5. B.C.’s LNG dream comes alive with first-ever natural gas shipment to China
The small shipment of liquified natural gas is expected to be the first of many as demand in China is growing quickly.
Comments are closed.