What is a Project Roles and Responsibilities Chart?
A Project Roles and Responsibilities Chart is a document used to outline a project’s team members’ roles and responsibilities.
What is the purpose of a Project Roles and Responsibilities Chart?
A Project Roles and Responsibilities Chart is used to indicate a project’s team members, including their titles, responsibilities and anticipated deliverables.
Why do I need a Project Roles and Responsibilities Chart?
A Project Roles and Responsibilities Chart is a great tool to use when discussing the specifics of a project. Information recorded includes:
- Documented roles that are required to complete the project, including the specific individuals that will complete these roles
- Each team member’s specific responsibilities for the project
- The anticipated outcomes (or deliverables) that each team member will be responsible for
The Project Roles and Responsibilities Chart is an excellent tool so that project expectations for each individual and/or group is clear.
How do I use a Project Roles and Responsibilities Chart?
- When assigning a project, determine the specific roles that it will require.
- Assign an individual and/or group to fill this role, note this on the Project Roles and Responsibilities Chart.
- Indicate the responsibilities and anticipated deliverables for each team member.
- Ensure the form is easily accessible throughout the project to ensure that deliverables are being achieved.
- During regular meetings and/or progress reports, refer to the chart.
The following provides a listing of sample templates, documents, articles and other resources to help you in carrying out your duties and managing your worksite. It is expected that the documents will be amended to suit the styles, needs and circumstances of the individual, or company, involved. These resources are not intended to replace an individual’s, or a company’s, professional and skillful judgement. Each template, document and article and other resource should be assessed within the context of the individual’s, or company’s own day-to-day operation. Individuals and companies must exercise proper judgment respecting the correctness and applicability of the material. Hard Hat Hunter accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions, and expressly disclaims any such responsibility.