Stay up to date on industry-related news with Hard Hat Hunter. Here are 5 stories to check out today.
1. Chinese mines in Africa provide better roads but not more jobs for locals
What are Chinese-owned mines in Africa contributing to the local economy. This article explains how the employment rate is lower in communities near these mines.
2. Study: It’s Easier For Cities To Reduce Residential Emissions Than Transportation Emissions
American households produce about 20% of greenhouse gaz emissions. An MIT study finds that it is also the easiest reductions to achieve.
3. Richard Branson Wants to Spearhead Efforts to Rebuild Power Grids in the Caribbean
Richard Branson is working on what he calls “Disaster Recovery Marshall Plan” to bring renewable power to the Caribbean.
4. Reusable Construction Materials: Research Collab
“The focus of the research will lie on modularity, flexibility, adaptability and upgradability with detachable inter-structural connections.”
5. Nuclear Plant Construction: A Trial of Patience
To understand the process of building a nuclear plant, and some of the hurdles, this article reviews the Plant Vogtle expansion timeline.
Comments are closed.