What is an Employee Self-Evaluation?
An Employee Self-Evaluation is a tool used by management to learn how employees rate their own performance.
What is the purpose of an Employee Self-Evaluation?
Employee Self-Evaluations are used to:
- Gain an employee’s perspective concerning their job performance
- Get an employee’s comments on their work environment and working conditions
- Provide a channel of open communication between worker and supervisor
- Serve as a way to discuss opportunities, goals, and development
Why do I need an Employee Self-Evaluation?
An Employee Self-Evaluation is a great way to periodically get employee feedback concerning their job: performance, position, opportunities, goals, development, and standards.
It’s also a great way to have an open conversation between worker and supervisor.
How do I complete an Employee Self-Evaluation?
To complete an Employee Self-Evaluation:
- Schedule time away from regular projects for a worker to complete an Employee Self-Evaluation.
- Give the employee ample time to complete the form.
How do I use an Employee Self-Evaluation?
- Once every 6 months, schedule an Employee Self-Evaluation session for each worker to participate in.
- Have the only complete the form one at a time
- Following the completion of the form, have his/her supervisor discuss the results, providing feedback on management’s position of his/her work ethic, project results, and other issues/comments
The following downloads are available for use:
The following provides a listing of sample templates, documents, articles and other resources to help you in carrying out your duties and managing your worksite. It is expected that the documents will be amended to suit the styles, needs and circumstances of the individual, or company, involved. These resources are not intended to replace an individual’s, or a company’s, professional and skillful judgement. Each template, document and article and other resource should be assessed within the context of the individual’s, or company’s own day-to-day operation. Individuals and companies must exercise proper judgment respecting the correctness and applicability of the material. Hard Hat Hunter accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions, and expressly disclaims any such responsibility.