This Saturday (April 22nd) is Earth Day, celebrated by 192 countries across the world. The international event, coordinated by the Earth Day Network, aims to educate on environmental and climate literacy, including demonstrations of support for the protection of environmental resources.
What You Can Do
Earth Day is all about how we can make changes to protect our environment and climate. Make sure that your company is a part of the international event.
Here are a few suggestions on what you and your company can do this Earth Day:
- Discuss energy conservation at your workplace (job site, office, etc.) including electricity and water
- Consider methods on how your company can reduce carbon emissions and petroleum use
- Check out government incentives for choosing energy efficient solutions
- Examine your company’s recycling policy
- Discuss how sustainable materials can be used at your workplace
- Track your team’s energy consumption- identify ways to conserve resources