What is a Daily Inspection Log?
A Daily Inspection Log is a form used prior to use of equipment to ensure that it is in safe working condition.
What is the purpose of a Daily Inspection Log?
Daily Inspection Logs are checklists used to ensure that each component of a particular piece of equipment is checked over for any requirements of repair or maintenance. It allows for the same parts to be inspected daily prior to use.
Why do I need a Daily Inspection Log?
A Daily Inspection Log is an excellent tool to document equipment requirements for repair and maintenance. It also ensures that equipment is inspected and determined to be in safe working condition to prior to use.
How do I complete a Daily Inspection Log?
To complete a Daily Inspection Log?
- Edit the template to identify all parts/pieces of the equipment that should be inspected.
- Print numerous copies and place them in a binder in the location where equipment is stored.
How do I use a Daily Inspection Log?
- Ensure that workers know that the log must be completed prior to use each day
- In the event that equipment is found to require repair and/or maintenance, lock-out/tag-out the equipment as required.
- Ensure that equipment is properly repaired and maintained prior to resuming use
The following downloads are available for use:
The following provides a listing of sample templates, documents, articles and other resources to help you in carrying out your duties and managing your worksite. It is expected that the documents will be amended to suit the styles, needs and circumstances of the individual, or company, involved. These resources are not intended to replace an individual’s, or a company’s, professional and skillful judgement. Each template, document and article and other resource should be assessed within the context of the individual’s, or company’s own day-to-day operation. Individuals and companies must exercise proper judgment respecting the correctness and applicability of the material. Hard Hat Hunter accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions, and expressly disclaims any such responsibility.