1872 – This marks the first operational lighthouse at Chebucto Head, Nova Scotia. In addition to conventional lighting systems at the time, the lighthouse was also equipped with a steam fog horn. The original lighthouse would remain operational until its expansion in 1928.
The tower would eventually be relocated in 1940 in order to make room for a gun battery; designed to protect Halifax during World War II.
Comments are closed.