1948 – The first Studebaker car rolls off the assembly line in Hamilton, Ontario. The facility was formerly an anti-aircraft gun factory converted to automobile manufacturing at the end of World War II. Upon opening, the factory employed 400 workers. During the 1950s and 1960s the Hamilton Police Department used the locally produced Studebaker cars as their cruisers.
Comments are closed.