What is a Change Order Form?
A Change Order Form is a table used to help manage projects. It is a form where changes that are made within a contract are noted, changed and approved by both the contractor and the owner.
What is the purpose of a Change Order Form?
The purpose of a Change Order Form is to oversee all the changes and adjustment being made throughout a project. It prevents any confusion or conflicts and is used as a point of reference.
Why do I need a Change Order Form?
A Change Order Form is needed to manage and confirm project alterations. The form serves as validation from both the contractor and the owner that a change has been made; preventing any confusion later on in the process.
How do I complete a Change Order Form
To complete a Daily Time Sheet one should:
- Include a date, the project title, change order number, contractor and owner names
- Clearly identify the changes and the reasons for the alterations
- Indicate the monetary adjustment; the original contract amount, the total amount prior to any order changes, the total amount of the current changes, and the total amount with all the changes
- Indicate the time adjustments; how many days will the project be modified and the new estimated time of completion
- Have the contractor and the owner sign and date the form
How do I use a Change Order Form?
- Have a copy of the form on site in case of any sudden changes that the owner might have.
- Fill out the information and sign the document before applying any changes to the project.
- Keep the Change Order From with the additional projects documentation, where it can be easily found.
The following downloads are available for use:
The following provides a listing of sample templates, documents, articles and other resources to help you in carrying out your duties and managing your worksite. It is expected that the documents will be amended to suit the styles, needs and circumstances of the individual, or company, involved. These resources are not intended to replace an individual’s, or a company’s, professional and skillful judgement. Each template, document and article and other resource should be assessed within the context of the individual’s, or company’s own day-to-day operation. Individuals and companies must exercise proper judgment respecting the correctness and applicability of the material. Hard Hat Hunter accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions, and expressly disclaims any such responsibility.