What is a Travel Expense Report?
A Travel Expense Report is a document that helps monitor what expenses are made while an employee is gone on a business trip.
What is the Purpose of a Travel Expense Report?
A Travel Expense Report allows the employee to document what they are spending; this way the company can reimburse them. This includes living expenses, traveling expenses and other business related expenses.
Why do I need a Travel Expense Report?
The Travel Expense Report is essential to both the company and the employee. The company uses the document as reference to ensure that all expenses made were business related. Additionally, with the documented evidence the employee can receive their money back.
How do I complete a Travel Expense Report?
The individual who is traveling must fill out the report.
The responsible individual must take the following steps:
- Indicate their name, position and or department, the date and the length of the trip; it’s location and its purpose.
- The list of items provided in the document must be filled out; indicating the date, the dollar amount for each purchase and the daily total.
- In the third table, other business related expenses must be indicated along with its purpose and cost.
- Additional comments can be noted at the end of the report
- Make sure that all receipts are collected and attached to the document
- The individual traveling must then total the overall trip expenses, followed by the date and sign the document.
How do I use a Travel Expense Report?
The traveler must fill out the form on a daily basis in order to monitor expenses.
- All receipts must be gathered and attached to the report.
- The documentation must be directed to a higher authority where it will be filed and reviewed
The following downloads are available for use:
The following provides a listing of sample templates, documents, articles and other resources to help you in carrying out your duties and managing your worksite. It is expected that the documents will be amended to suit the styles, needs and circumstances of the individual, or company, involved. These resources are not intended to replace an individual’s, or a company’s, professional and skillful judgement. Each template, document and article and other resource should be assessed within the context of the individual’s, or company’s own day-to-day operation. Individuals and companies must exercise proper judgment respecting the correctness and applicability of the material. Hard Hat Hunter accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions, and expressly disclaims any such responsibility.