What is an Employee Training Checklist?
An Employee Training Checklist is a tool used as a record of all training to track employee qualifications and associated expiration dates.
What is the Purpose of an Employee Training Checklist?
The Employee Training Checklist serves as a master list for all employee training (general and mandatory, included). It allows all parties to easily decipher who has required training, and when said training will expire.
Why do I need an Employee Training Checklist?
An Employee Training Checklist is an excellent tool to use to ensure that your employees’ training is up-to-date and adheres with current work standards. Additionally, it allows you to track when training will need to be renewed.
How do I complete an Employee Training Checklist?
To complete an Employee Training Checklist:
- List all employees, including management, supervisors, site workers, and office employees along the first column in yellow.
- List all training along the top grey row. Include general training, mandatory training, and specialized training.
- Complete the date that training was complete in black font. Directly below it, indicate the date that training expires in red font, if applicable. If training is only required once, and therefore does not expire, use N/A (not applicable) as an indicator.
How do I use an Employee Training Checklist?
- Complete the Employee Training Checklist, as detailed above.
- Whenever an employee receives new training, record it and its expiration date (if applicable) in the Checklist.
- Each month, check the Checklist to see if any training expires in the next two to three months (expiration dates are indicated in red font).
- If training is set to expire, make appropriate arrangements to ensure that training is renewed prior to its expiration date.
The following downloads are available for use:
The following provides a listing of sample templates, documents, articles and other resources to help you in carrying out your duties and managing your worksite. It is expected that the documents will be amended to suit the styles, needs and circumstances of the individual, or company, involved. These resources are not intended to replace an individual’s, or a company’s, professional and skillful judgement. Each template, document and article and other resource should be assessed within the context of the individual’s, or company’s own day-to-day operation. Individuals and companies must exercise proper judgment respecting the correctness and applicability of the material. Hard Hat Hunter accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions, and expressly disclaims any such responsibility.